The 'Language of Charity' is the highest, noblest, strongest kind of love. Charity impels us to be sympathetic and compassionate.

3.28.2013

Thank You All So Much

I am still overwhelmed with the love that our stake shared the other night at our RS Birthday Dinner and Humanitarian Event. I hope that all of you enjoyed the evening as much as I did. The room was filled with the sweet buzz of charity :) 8 quilts made, 5000+eggs filled with candy, and numerous beautiful tissue flowers were made.

My father helped with some of the egg deliveries around the area and those eggs will be spread across the lawns of our community this Saturday, 3 quilts were delivered to the family that lost their home to a fire and they loved them, the beautiful tissue flowers have been delivered for a charity dance, and several quilts are being bound so they may be delivered to Project Linus.

I enjoyed meeting new women and also seeing those I have known over the years. I enjoyed the Spanish Branch women singing Happy Birthday to all of us. I enjoyed the sounds of laughter and chatter coming from so many women/children. I enjoyed the food and atmosphere. I enjoyed the feeling of goodness coming together. Thank you all.. Til we meet again :)

 Several children showed up too :)

 Pictures furnished by Jennifer Holway - 8th Ward
Many have asked for the 'Spring Roll Dipping Sauce' recipe..
-
Sauce Recipe > 2 tbls. vinegar, 2 tsp. soy sauce, 2 tsp. sugar, 2 tsp. extra crunchy peanut butter, 1 tbls. hot water, 1 tsp. chili paste.. while stirring, bring sauce to a boil to thicken.